A Christ-Centered Easter: Day-by-Day Activities to Celebrate Easter Week
Author:Janet & Joe Hales
"For years I felt that our family's Easter celebration was as hollow as the chocolate bunnies we devoured on Easter morning. All my life I had been told that the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ are the most sacred and significant events in all creation. If that is true, I reasoned, then shouldn't Easter, the commemoration of those events, be the highlight of our year?"
Spurred on by that question, authors Janet and Joe Hales became determined to make Easter the highlight of the year for their family. Their ideas, suggestions, and discoveries are included in this book, A Christ-Centered Easter: Day-by-Day Activities to Celebrate Easter Week.
Here, you will find:
- A practical resource with an outline of family activities for the entire week, from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.
- An easy-to-read parallel scripture account of the last week of Christ's life.
- Historical information about the Passover and an explanation on how to hold an authentic "Jerusalem Dinner" with your family (recipes included!).
- Numerous ideas for age-appropriate family activities that will appeal to kids of all ages, from preschoolers to teenagers.
- A section of stories to read together and sacred hymns to sing.
This year, make Jesus Christ and his resurrection the focus of Easter, and turn your celebration from a holiday to a holy day.